Artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning, crypto currency, and Internet of things are just a few of the technologies that are disrupting the world as we know it. We believe that some of the most near-term disruptive technologies have yet to surface. When new disruptive technologies begin to proliferate, dramatic changes happen to our society, to our economy and even to us as individuals.
Disruptive technologies cause everything to reorient, reconnect, and interact within completely new paradigms, leaving many behind and disoriented, clinging to that which is familiar and comfortable. People are forced to change and adapt to remain viable in the workforce. Businesses must retool to compete against companies that have learned to leverage these new technologies. Some make it while others fade away.
The team at Kloojj wants to know what you believe will be the most disruptive technology in the next 5 to 10 years and we’ll pay $500 if we believe your idea is the best. All applications should include the following:
- What will be the most disruptive technology in the next 5 to 10 years? Your essay can be about any technology including software, hardware, mechanical, etc. You may refer to already emerging technologies, or completely new concepts you believe will emerge during this period.
- Why do you believe it will be disruptive? Please explain in detail.
- What will the technology disrupt (economy, business, social, politics, etc.) and how will the disruption happen?
- What can people, companies, etc. do to make the transition?
- Add any other aspects you feel are germane to your essay.
Submit your essays to email@example.com.
- Please create a video telling us about yourself, why you chose to apply for this scholarship, and summarize your idea and why you think the time is right for this disruptive technology to emerge. Phone recorded videos are fine. This should NOT be a ‘high production quality’ video. We appreciate authentic natural explanations of your ideas. The video helps us to personalize each applicant.
Upload your video to your own Youtube account. Add the following link in the description of your video on Youtube: https://www.kloojj.com/scholarship, create a Kloojj.com account (free), then create a Kloojj of your video. You can get quick instructions about how to create a Kloojj of your video below:
- Highschool Senior ... or
- Enrolling or enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Pursuing degrees leading to careers in software, computer hardware, video game arts, engineering of life sciences (high school seniors must already be accepted into a program)
- 3.0 Minimum cumulative GPA to apply.
- US residents only Application are due by November, 15th, 2018. The scholarship will be awarded on January 15th, 2019.
- Application are due by November, 15th, 2018.
- The scholarship will be awarded on January 15th, 2019.